An accomplished leader and manager with more than 35 years diverse management experience including both the private and public sectors with extensive and varied administrative experience, budget development and administration, contract management, capital improvement projects, creative problem solving, human resource administration, supervision of multiple divisions and departments, an extremely effective leader with a unique ability to get the most out of available resources.
Ms. Kamali, is responsible for implementing the official policies of the City Commission and coordinating services to meet the needs of all who live, work and play in the City of South Miami. She provides management oversight, administrative guidance and operational support to all departments. Additionally, she provides support, guidance, communications and leadership to assure that quality municipal services are provided to all members of the community. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic direction to all departments emphasizing on the City’s approach to government and sound fiscal management.
- Establishes a municipal environment that promotes efficiency and excellence in community service through the retention of qualified employees.
- Promote an organizational philosophy that endorses excellence in government, promotes public awareness, and ensures the participation of South Miami residents in government decisions.
- Carries out the direction of the City Commission efficiently, effectively, and responsibly in compliance with applicable law.
- Directs and assists departments in carrying out City policy, ensuring that the Public is well informed.
- Directs and supervises the administration of all departments and offices.
- Ensures that all laws, provisions of the Charter and acts of the Council are faithfully executed.
- Submits to the Council and makes available to the public, an annual proposed budget report and administrative activities of the City for each fiscal year.
- Prepares and submits to the Commission a proposed Cap Capital Improvement Element (CIE).