Parks & Facilities
South Miami contains fifteen (15) parks and recreation facilities throughout the City, totaling approximately 48 acres of parkland. The sites include twelve (12) parks, a 22,000 square feet community center, an aquatic center, and a senior center owned by the County, but managed by the City. In addition to open grass areas and playgrounds, features include tennis courts, jogging path, dog park, splash pad and lighted sports fields.
Click here to view map.
Click here to view the Parks and Facilities Guide.
Click here to report a park maintenance issue(s).
Our Parks In A Snapshot
- 48 acres of parkland
- 12 parks and 3 facilities
- 1 outdoor pool
- 1 splash pad
- 1 jogging/walking path
- 4 playground and 4 tot lot areas
- 1 dog park
- 1 fitness center
- 1 indoor basketball gymnasium
- 4 outdoor basketball courts
- 4 handball courts
- 2 sand volleyballs
- 5 softball/baseball fields
- 1 tee-ball field
- 12 athletic multipurpose fields
- 6 clay tennis courts
- 4 hard tennis courts
- 3 pavilions and 4 gazebos
The following are prohibited:
- Fireworks of any type
- Overnight parking and camping
- Alcoholic beverages, except by special permit
- Horses, ponies or horseback riding
- Trucks and motor vehicles on turf or other unauthorized areas
- Climbing on trees, structures or fences
- Propane grills
Other rules and information:
- Fires are permitted in park barbecue grills only
- Amplified sound by permit only
- Bounce house and inflatables by permit only
- Pets must be leashed except in posted designated areas
- Pet owners are responsible for picking up their pet's waste
- All sport court and field lighting off at 10:00 p.m.