Garbage & Trash Collection on Holidays
Please note that garbage and trash collection will not be provided on the following holidays:
|New Year's Day||January 1st|
|Martin Luther King Day||3rd Monday of January|
|Presidents' Day||3rd Monday of February|
|Memorial Day||4th Monday of May|
|Independence Day||July 4th|
|Labor Day||1st Monday in September|
|Columbus Day||2nd Monday in October|
|Veterans Day||November 11th|
|Thanksgiving Day||4th Thursday in November|
|Christmas Day||December 25th|
However, garbage collections that fall on the above holidays will be provided in accordance with South Miami, Florida, Code of Ordinances, Chapter 11, "Garbage and Trash", section 11-22 entitled, "Extent of service and points of collection", that include the holiday garbage collection schedule.
Holiday Garbage Collection Schedule
- Monday Holiday: Monday's route will be collected Tuesday. Tuesday's route will be collected Wednesday with Thursday and Friday remaining on the normal schedule.
- Tuesday Holiday: Monday's route will not change. Tuesday's route will be collected Wednesday with Thursday and Friday remaining on normal schedule.
- Thursday Holiday: Monday and Tuesday remain on the normal schedule. Thursday's route will be collected Wednesday with no change for Friday.
- Friday Holiday: Monday and Tuesday remains on the normal schedule. Thursday's route will be collected Wednesday, and Friday's route will be collected Thursday.
- If the Holiday lands on a Saturday, it is observed the preceding Friday (see Friday Holiday Schedule).
- If the Holiday lands on a Sunday, it is observed the following Monday(see Monday Holiday Schedule).
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
Trash Collections (Bulk Trash Pick-ups) that fall on the above Holidays will not be provided and will be collected on the next regular pickup days.
Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.